When the all-new Mazda CX-30 made its world premiere at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show, one thing was abundantly clear, Mazda created yet another eye-catching crossover. Recently, the Mazda CX-30 stunned audience members yet again when it made its US debut at the 2019 LA Auto Show. And, this time, it was abundantly clear that the all-new Mazda CX-30 Crossover SUV is not only a beauty to behold, it is also easy to drive and was intentionally designed to suit the needs of the everyday driver.
In step with Mazda’s Kodo design philosophy, the Mazda CX-30 is sleek, elegant, and intuitive. In it, Mazda has married the beauty of a coupe with the bold proportions of an SUV. It may appear compact from the outside, but inside it’s anything but.
As a brand-new addition to the Mazda lineup, the Mazda CX-30 slots between the smaller-sized Mazda CX-3 and the larger Mazda CX-5. US sales of the Mazda CX-30 begin early next year. Here’s what you have to look forward to:
Open, inviting cabin. The interior of the Mazda CX-30 is spacious with a premium feel, in fact Mazda engineers designed seats that help provide proper posture for all occupants. This human-centric approach creates an open atmosphere and invites a sense of connection between driver and passenger.
Quiet ride. From measuring ground to cabin ratios to repositioning woofers and speakers, Mazda engineers worked to create a peaceful cabin free of unnecessary road noise and vibrations.
Mazda Connected Services, a standard feature on all Mazda CX-30 models, provides even more convenience, peace-of-mind, and safety features, including: remote lock and start, ability to monitor oil information and tire pressure, factory alerts or messages such as recall information, and available WiFi hotspot. Additional infotainment and tech services include:
- 8.8-inch large center display
- HD Radio
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio
- automatic on/off LED headlights
- two front USB inputs
- rain-sensing windshield wiper
- push button start
- rearview camera
- remote keyless illuminated entry system
Driving safety. Standard i-ACTIV® sense safety features in the Mazda CX-30, include: Driver Attention Alert, Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function, Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keep Assist, Smart Brake Support and High Beam Control.
Seating for 5. The Mazda CX-30 offers a spacious, comfortable cabin with seating for five adults. Passengers will enjoy the its fine craftsmanship and elegant details that create a sophisticated and soothing environment.
Easy to drive. The Mazda CX-30’s increased height over passenger cars allows for better driving visibility, and its compact body size makes it easy to enter and exit tight spaces, as well as maneuver down narrow city streets.
Thanks to Mazda’s SKYACTIV®-Vehicle Architecture, the Mazda CX-30 allows drivers to make the most of their natural sense of balance. The Mazda CX-30 includes the latest SKYACTIV® engines, including SKYACTIV®-X, to provide responsive control of vehicle speed in any driving situation.
G-Vectoring Control Plus and front-wheel drive comes standard and Mazda’s predictive i-ACTIV® all-wheel drive is available on all trim levels. Plus, the Mazda CX-30 is equipped with Mazda’s new off-road traction assist feature and includes class-leading standard horsepower — 186 hp — to make this nimble, compact SUV a breeze to drive.
Expert cargo. Mazda engineers sought to provide a cargo hold that was two things: easy to access and just the right size. So, in development, they created a life-size test model of the Mazda CX-30 and tested it in real-life situations by having a variety of people adjust the height of the trunk with a pedal. The result? A spacious cabin for both luggage and rear passengers, and an easy to load and off-load cargo area.
Drivetrain options. Front-wheel drive comes standard on the Mazda CX-30 and all-wheel drive is available on trims. The Mazda CX-30’s suspension will make use of the same strut-front/rear-torsion-beam layout as the Mazda CX-3.
…and what about those higher trims? The Mazda CX-30 comes available in four trims — Base, Select, Preferred, Premium.
- The Select Trim includes: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry, leather steering wheel and shift knob, leatherette seating surfaces, dual-zone automatic climate control, rear air conditioning vents and rear armrest with cupholders, 18-inch alloy wheels and includes a rear privacy glass
- The Preferred Trim includes: Bose 12-speaker premium audio, gloss finish speaker grille, shark fin antenna, heated front seats, eight-way power and memory driver’s seat with lumbar support, memory position door mirrors, black gloss finish front grille and SiriusXM with three-month trial subscription.
- The Premium Trim includes: windshield-projected Active Driving Display, leather seats, power lift-gate, power moonroof, Adaptive Front Lighting system, roof rails, paddle shifters, cylinder deactivation and LED Signature illumination headlights and taillights.
The all-new Mazda CX-30 will arrive at our dealership early next year. For more information on its tentative arrival date, stop by our Dublin, CA Mazda dealership and speak with a member of our Mazda sales team. As a leading provider of new Mazdas in the East Bay Area, Dublin Mazda is happy to keep you updated on all things Mazda including information on the all-new Mazda CX-30.
Till next time!