Excellent fuel economy, sporty handling, refined features — these are a few of the ways our customers describe their 2018 Mazda CX-5. How do I pair my phone, how do I set lock settings, how do I use voice commands — and these are a few of the frequently asked questions our customers ask after purchasing their 2018 Mazda CX-5. In this short video, Dublin Mazda team member Michael Barrilleaux, answers these frequently asked questions so every Mazda CX-5 owner can get the most of out their fuel-efficient, sporty, refined 2018 Mazda CX-5.
How to Connect Your Phone via Bluetooth
By far the most common question we receive about the Mazda CX-5 is how to pair your smartphone to your Mazda. Pairing your phone makes accessing your music and contacts easy, and keeps you in compliance with California’s cellphone driving laws.
- From your Mazda’s Infotainment System, select Communication
- When prompted “Would you like to connect a phone now?” select Connect
- From the Bluetooth Connection dropdown menu select Add New Device
- From your smartphone, go to your Settings > Bluetooth. Now your phone will search for your car’s signal. Once the signal is found Mazda will appear on your phone’s Bluetooth screen. Select Mazda.
- Once Mazda is selected on your phone a six digit code will appear on both your Mazda’s Infotainment System and your smartphone. Make sure the codes match. Then press Yes on your phone.
- Your Mazda will then pair with your phone. Once the pairing is complete you’ll see your phone’s name display on your Mazda’s infotainment system, which allows you to access your phone’s contacts and music.
Note: Make sure to press Allow on your phone. This will download your entire contact list to your Mazda and make any number you have stored on your phone accessible in your Mazda, for both voice calling and text messaging.
How to Set Up Mazda CX-5 Walk-Away Lock Settings
When Walk Away Lock is engaged, every time you get out of your CX-5 and close the door you’ll hear a beep. Once you walk four feet away from your CX-5, with your key in hand, you’ll hear another beep indicating that the doors of your CX-5 are locked.
- From your Mazda’s Infotainment System, select Settings
- Scroll over and select the Vehicle tab
- From the Vehicle tab dropdown menu select Door Locks
- From the Door Locks dropdown menu scroll down and select Walk Away Lock
- To engage Walk Away Lock, select Walk Away Lock
Note: You’ve successfully engaged Walk Away Lock when a checkmark appears in the Walk Away Lock checkbox.
2018 Mazda CX-5 Voice Commands
Using Voice Commands makes it easy to access your Mazda’s and your phone’s synched features. Plus, your CX-5 touchscreen locks automatically when you’re driving faster than 5mph, so Voice Command gives you an easy way to access these features without having to navigate the center console knob.
- To access Voice Command, press the Voice Command button located on the left side of the steering wheel
- When your Mazda ask you to say a command, simply state your command. For example, if you want your Mazda to play Pandora, simply say, “Play Pandora.”
We hope you found this information helpful, if you have any additional questions about how to use the features above or how to use any of the other incredible features available in the Mazda CX-5, just stop by our Dublin Mazda dealership and we’ll help make sure you get the most out of your Mazda.