The best-selling Mazda MX-5 Miata just gave you more to love in the same small package. Mazda is still keeping things relatively simple with the 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata, but as technology improves, the Mazda Miata is keeping pace. Still lightweight, nimble and fun to drive, the 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata boasts new upgrades and new options. Learn why the Mazda MX-5 Miata remains the world’s most beloved sports car since 1989:
So what’s new?
There are three trims to choose from: Sport, Club and Grand Touring. All three now come standard with Mazda i-ACTIVSENSE® safety features including: Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Smart City Brake Support and Lane Departure Warning System. So, while you’re out enjoying the handling and speed of the Mazda Miata through quick turns, Mazda is taking care of you.
For 2020, all three trims have updated Mazda badging with new fonts as well as a redesigned key fob. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto also now come standard in both the Club and Grand Touring models. A new Polymetal Gray exterior color is available in both the Mazda MX-5 Club and Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring models, while the Grand Touring also has red Nappa leather interior and Gray-cloth soft top options.
What else does each trim include?
The 2020 Mazda MX-5 Sport includes these great features:
- 16” Metallic Black aluminum alloy wheels
- Silver dual exhaust outlets
- LED headlights and taillights
- Mazda Connect infotainment with 7” touchscreen
- Driver’s side headrest speakers
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio
- Tilt and telescoping, leather three-spoke steering wheel
- Rearview camera
- Mazda Advanced keyless entry
- Dual USB audio inputs
- Power locks and windows
In addition to the above, the Mazda MX-5 Club and Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring trims offer a bit more. These models have the option of the retractable fastback (RF) hard top, which opens or closes in a mere 13 seconds. The Mazda MX-5 Club and Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring are further enhanced with a Bose® nine-speaker audio system including passenger seat headrest speakers and LED daytime running lights. For even tighter control, limited-slip differential, Bilstein dampers, front shock tower brace, and sport-tuned suspension now come standard in both manual configurations.
In the mid-level Mazda MX-5 Club you’ll get:
- Heated, black cloth-trimmed seats with silver stitching
- 17” Metallic Black aluminum alloy wheels
- Front black air dam
- Black rear lip spoiler
- Black interior accents and vinyl leather
Exclusive to the manual Club Model is the Brembo/BBS Recaro Package option:
- Brembo front brakes
- Heated Recaro Sports Seats
- Black aero kit with side sill extensions and rear bumper skirt
- BBS 17” Dark Gunmetal wheels
- Mazda MX-5 Club RF model includes hand painted black roof
Choose the refined Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring for:
- Heated, leather-trimmed seats with silver stitching
- 17” Dark Silver aluminum alloy wheels
- Auto-dimming driver-side mirrors
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink®
- Automatic climate control
- Automatic on/off headlights
- Heated side mirrors
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Bright silver interior accents
- Black with stainless steel door sills
- SiriusXM® three-month trial, SiriusXM® three-year traffic and travel link subscription
Suite of extra safety features including:
- Adaptive Front-lighting System
- High Beam Control
- Traffic Sign Recognition
All three models come standard with a Mazda SKYACTIV®-G 2.0 liter engine that racks up 181 horsepower and 151 lb.-ft. of torque. Automatic transmission is available on all trims, but the real joy in driving a Mazda MX-5 Miata is in the 6-speed manual transmission. With the Mazda Miata’s outstanding power to weight ratio, ability to go 0-60 mph in just 5.7 seconds and incredible handling, driving one is pure delight.
You can’t go wrong no matter which trim you choose: the iconic Sport, edgy Club or luxurious Grand Touring. At a starting price of just $26,580 (Sport MT), going up to $34,750 (Grand Touring RF AT), you won’t break the bank, either. With an average rating of 36 mpg, you’ll be able to zip around the California backroads all weekend long. So grab a partner, or escape on your own, and head to wherever your heart desires and simply enjoy driving this fun car.
Stop by Dublin Mazda in Dublin, California to test drive a 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata and discover the joy that is the Mazda MX-5. Our knowledgeable Mazda staff will help you determine which trim and options are right for your needs, at a great price, of course. Visit Dublin Mazda for all your Mazda needs.